Slide-phones are probably the future, but as of yet, many are still considered more novelty items instead of flagship devices. Oppo collaborated with Japanese design studio Nendo to create the “slide-phone”, which has three hinges, giving it a triple fold design. If users slide up one fold, 40mm of the screen is revealed with basic functions that make full use of that real estate, showing items like call history, notifications, and a music player interface. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Folding it at the second hinge uncovers 80mm of the screen, which the company hopes users will use for taking selfies, as the cameras can be found directly on back. This means if the second fold is being used, the cameras are facing you. Unfortunately, there are no plans yet to release this handset, but we may see some form of it at a trade show next year.
- Pro-Grade Camera: The new Samsung Galaxy S20 FE mobile phone features high-powered pro lenses for beautiful portraits, stunning landscapes and crisp close-ups in any light with its 3X optical zoom
- 30X Space Zoom: Whether you want your cellphone to zoom in close from afar or magnify details of something nearby, 30X Space Zoom gives you the power to get closer
- Night Mode: Capture crisp images and vibrant video with Night Mode and create high-quality content in low light — no flash required with this smartphone
- Single-Take AI: One tap of the screen captures multiple images and video all at once; Lenses, effects and filters capture the best of every moment, every time
- Power of 5G: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Samsung Galaxy 5G; More sharing, more gaming, more experiences and never miss a beat
In addition to playing videos with an operable side panel, the user may also enjoy the phone as a controller in game mode with panels on either side, in multitask mode with numerous apps displayed in a row, and panoramic photography mode in full screen,” said Nendo.