Your eyes aren’t playing tricks, in certain places around the world, spring not only brings good weather, but also a blanket of fluffy material from trees, better known as poplar fluff. This comes from the fast-growing balsam poplar, which can be either male and female, but only the latter produces fluff with seeds. Many experts recommend to planting just the male poplar to prevent the fluff from spreading allergenic pollen and dust. Read more for the video and additional information.
The fluff itself doesn’t aggravate allergies, but the pollen and dust it brings most certainly will cause some issues from some. As you can see in the video above, too much of this snow-like fluff can lead to major fires since it burns so easily and can quickly spread to trees or houses. The duration of the blooming period depends on how warm it gets, but in most places, it finishes around July.
- Build over 175 amazing projects with over 55 color coded circuit components
- Hands on introduction to electronics learn how to construct real working circuits, devices and fiber optics
- Plug in your iPhone, Android phone or any MP3 player and see your circuits react
- Includes full color instruction manual with over 100 pages of educational fun
- LEARN BY DOING - Ideal for young engineers ages 8 and older