The Razer Viper 8KHz was announced today, and it’s touted as the world’s first esports gaming mouse with true 8000Hz polling rate. It uses Razer’s HyperPolling Technology, which surpasses the industry-standard 1000Hz (1000 times a second) polling rate, for extreme gaming responsiveness, speed, and reliability. In other words, this peripheral is capable of transmitting more up-to-date data to better match a monitor’s faster refresh rate, thus minimizing the delay between the latest report and the monitor’s frame rendering. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
Other features include second-generation Razer Optical Mouse Switches and Razer Focus+ Optical Sensor, combined with Razer HyperPolling Technology, to deliver a gaming mouse with unparalleled speed, precision, as well as responsiveness. The switches have been improved with greater tactile feedback, thus eliminating the need for debounce delay used in traditional mechanical switches. When complemented by HyperPolling Technology, it provides the lowest input latency, allowing gamers to achieve those pro-levels of reaction times.
- The 1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Gaming Designed: Keyboards, Mice, PC Headsets, and PC Microphones, Based on dollar sales, Jan. 2017- June 2020 combined
- The Lightest, Zero-compromise Esports Gaming Mouse at 69g: The Razer Viper includes a high-precision, 16K DPI optical sensor befitting the most serious gamers without the need for drilling holes in the chassis like competitor mice
- Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light for absolute control
- Ambidextrous Design: Created for left and right-handed users with accessible, programmable buttons on both sides
- Customizable Chroma RGB Color Profiles: Includes 16.8 million color combinations w/ included preset profiles
Latency is a very important part of gameplay that significantly affects the overall gaming experience – and yet, it is overlooked by many companies that focused for too long on increasing DPI. Unlike DPI, lower latency benefits everyone from casual to professional players by shaving off important milliseconds from the overall reaction time. During our testing and development process with a large pool of competitive players and mouse enthusiasts, many reported significantly smoother and more responsive input when using the HyperPolling Technology featured in the new Viper 8KHz esports gaming mouse,” said Alvin Cheung, Senior Vice President of Razer’s peripherals business unit.