Unlike other EV companies, Rivian and Tesla both have functional electric truck prototypes. The former will definitely give Elon Musk’s company some major competition with their R1S / R1T pickup trucks. Available in 105 kWh, 135 kWh, and 180 kWh battery capacities, they offer a maximum driving range of 230, 300, and 400 miles respectively. The three R1T variants feature zero-to-60-mph times of 4.9, 3.0, and 3.2 seconds, respectively. Read more to see one of the prototypes tackle steep hills in Arizona with ease.
The Rivian R1T has a motor behind each wheel instead of one per axle, making it perfect for going off-roading since it’s easy to control precisely how much torque is going to each wheel in real-time. This means that the vehicle can quickly switch to front-, rear-, right-, or left-wheel drive, allowing it to perform an awesome tank turn if needed. Pricing starts from $69,000 USD or $75,000 USD for the Launch Edition, the latter of which is set to begin deliveries this summer.
- This LEGO Technic Jeep Wrangler (42122) is packed full of authentic details, making it a great toy for kids who love fun vehicles
- With front steering, powerful axle-articulation suspension and a winch, kids can play out a world of off-roading adventures, inspired by the world-famous Jeep Wrangler
- This awesome model comes complete with authentic Jeep Wrangler details, like the classic round headlamps, seven-slot grille, full-size spare tire and fold-down rear seats
- This Jeep Wrangler Rubicon model makes a great gift for young LEGO fans who are ready for their next challenge
- This Jeep Wrangler Rubicon toy model measures over 4.5 in. (12 cm) high, 9.5 in. (24 cm) long and 5 in. (13 cm) wide, making this car a great size for play or display
Steep grades. pic.twitter.com/3kClLD4rAF
— RJ Scaringe (@RJScaringe) February 13, 2021
Testing in Arizona! pic.twitter.com/rREMaKReDe
— RJ Scaringe (@RJScaringe) February 11, 2021