The Sabrent Rocket Nano Rugged 1TB Portable USB 3.2 SSD is claimed to be one of the most rugged yet, and you can get one for $144.48 shipped, today only, originally $169.98. Each one of these drives is made from aerospace-grade aluminum using CNC (computer numerical control) machines for rigid durability, while the enclosure is designed to absorb the heat and protect the drive from overheating. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- WATER RESISTANCE - Fully compliant with IP67 specification. Protection from immersion in fresh water with a depth of 1 meter (3.3 ft) for up to 30 minutes. RUGGED DESIGN - 1 meter (3.3 ft) drop tested.
- COMPATIBILITY - Designed to work with both Windows and Mac OS, so you can transfer data between almost any computer in the world. Complies with trim, UASP, and firmware is upgradable.
- PLUG & PLAY - OS independent, and fully bus powered, No drivers required.
- SPEED - Ultra-fast 10Gbps throughput, low latency and power efficient. At up to 1000MB/s,
- DESIGN - Ultra slim aluminum alloy sandblasted shell. Sleek, Durable, and Convenient. Portable yet durable, ideal for traveling. FUNCTIONALITY - Perfect for a variety of uses including data transfer, high-speed storage, data backup, and more.
Many drives are claimed to be rugged, but the Sabrent Nano Rugged can withstand 1-meter (3.3-foot) drops and is still sealed against harmful dust. With that said, it still delivers ultra-fast 10Gbps throughput, low latency, and power efficiency at up to 1000MB/s, all in a package that stands 2.75-inches tall that weighs just 2-ounces. The USB 3.2 interface provides speeds of up to 1000MB/s, which is 9-times faster than traditional external hard drives.