Samsung’s all-new 200MP ISOCELL HP3 image sensor boasts the industry’s smallest 0.56-micrometer (μm)-pixels. In other words, it manages to pack 200 million pixels in a 1/1.4” optical format, which is basically the diameter of the area that is captured through the camera lens.
This gives the ISOCELL HP3 an approximate 20 percent reduction in camera module surface area, allowing smartphone manufacturers to keep their premium devices slim. It also comes equipped with Super QPD auto-focusing solution, giving all of the sensor’s pixels auto-focusing capabilities. Users will be able to capture videos in 8K at 30 frames-per-second (fps) or 4K at 120fps, with minimal loss in the field of view when taking the former. Mass production is set to begin this year, with no word yet on what smartphone models will incorporate the sensor. For comparison, IBM’s Palm Top PC 110 was the world’s smallest Windows PC back in 1995.
- 8K SUPER STEADY VIDEO: Shoot videos that rival how epic your life is with stunning 8K recording, the highest recording resolution available on a smartphone; Video captured is effortlessly smooth, thanks to Auto Focus Video Stabilization on Galaxy S22
- NIGHTOGRAPHY plus PORTAIT MODE: Capture the night with crystal clear, bright pics and videos, no matter the lighting with Night Mode; Portrait Mode auto-detects and adjusts to what you want front and center, making all your photos worthy of a frame
- 50MP PHOTO RESOLUTION plus BRIGHT DISPLAY: From elaborate landscapes to intricate creations, capture vivid detail with 50MP resolution; Your favorite content will look even more epic on our brightest display ever with Vision Booster
- ADAPTIVE COLOR CONTRAST: Streaming on the go, working from your patio or binge-watching late into the night. The Galaxy S22 adaptive screen automatically optimizes color and brightness, outdoors and indoors
- LONG LASTING BATTERY plus FAST CHARGING: Power every scroll, click, tap and stream all day long with an intelligent battery that works with you, not against you; Dive back into action at a moment’s notice with 25W Super-Fast Charging
Samsung has continuously led the image sensor market trend through its technology leadership in high resolution sensors with the smallest pixels. With our latest and upgraded 0.56μm 200MP ISOCELL HP3, Samsung will push on to deliver epic resolutions beyond professional levels for smartphone camera users,” said JoonSeo Yim, Executive Vice President of Sensor Business Team at Samsung Electronics.