With Apple developing their own augmented reality glasses, it’s no surprise that Samsung also has something in the works. Two videos were released by technology leaker “WakingCat” on Twitter earlier today, the same person who tipped the public off on the Galaxy Chromebook 2, on Glasses Lite. This device appears slightly more bulky than normal sunglasses, but the reason for that is because there is a transparent screen embedded directly into the lenses. Read more to watch a compilation of both videos and additional information.
These glasses would be perfect for playing games, writing out emails on the Dex Display, and more. An “Integrated Control” feature would let users with a Galaxy Watch quickly switch between gameplay and watching a video. When not in augmented reality, the Glasses Lite can be used normally outside, as the “Sunglasses Mode” essentially hides the transparent screen in the lenses. Unfortunately, there’s no word yet on pricing or availability.
- Next-level Hardware - Make every move count with a blazing-fast processor and our highest-resolution display
- All-In-One Gaming - With backward compatibility, you can explore new titles and old favorites in the expansive Quest content library
- Immersive Entertainment - Get the best seat in the house to live concerts, groundbreaking films, exclusive events and more
- Quest 2 requires your Facebook account to log in, making it easy to meet up with friends in VR and discover communities around the world
- Easy Setup - Just open the box, set up with the smartphone app and jump into VR. No PC or console needed. Requires wireless internet access and the Oculus app (free download) to set up device