Samsung’s new Galaxy Z Flip features an aluminum frame, and a flexible hybrid glass coating for the display, or what the company calls “Ultra Thin Glass”. It’s currently the first foldable smartphone to use a glass display, while previous foldable phones such as the Motorola Razr and the Galaxy Fold have used plastic displays. However, all may not be as it seems, as JerryRigEverything puts this handset to the test. Read more to see just how rugged it really is.
Using a glass display typically results in a more durable screen, and reduces the screen crease in the folding point, and Samsung rated the fold mechanism as supporting up to 200,000 uses. JerryRigEverything shows even a level 2 pick made up of plastic shows marks on the display, while the Gorilla Glass doesn’t scratch until a level 5 or level 6 pick is used.
- With a long lasting battery, the Galaxy A10e gives you more time to post, talk, text and share with friends and family
- Keep more with 32GB of built in memory; Expand your memory up to 512GB with a Micro SD card
- Enjoy an edge to edge view on a 5. 83" Infinity display
- Capture crisp, clear photos with an 8MP rear Camera and a 5MP front Camera
- Wireless voice, data and messaging services compatible with most major U.S. GSM and CDMA networks; Support for certain features and services such as VoWiFi and hotspot, vary by wireless service provider