Photo credit: Andrew Borman
StarCraft fans rejoice! This unreleased military science fiction stealth-action video game previously under development by Blizzard Entertainment, but several delays in development caused the developers to move back the release date and the game has not yet materialized, that is until…today. Apparently, this leaked footage is from an Xbox dev kit and grabbed from a modded Xbox 360. Read more for the clip and additional information.
Blizzard first announced the game way back in March 2006 and it was put on “indefinite hold” while the company investigated seventh generation video game console possibilities. Its continued delay had caused it to be labeled as vaporware, and ranked fifth in Wired News’ annual Vaporware Awards in 2005. Blizzard president Mike Morhaime confirmed that Ghost was officially cancelled in 2014.
- The previous generation bundle includes: 1TB Xbox One S Console, Xbox wireless Controller, full-game download of NBA 2K20, a month Xbox Live Gold subscription, and a month Xbox Game Pass trial
- If purchased through Xbox All Access: Enjoy low monthly payments for 24 months, no upfront cost, access to over 100 high-quality games and online multiplayer. Plus console upgrade option
- Redefine what's possible in sports gaming with unparalleled player control and customization Experience best-in-class graphics and gameplay across several groundbreaking game modes
- Join the open-world Neighborhood and shoot hoops with the best ballers from around the world Create what's next in basketball culture in the series where gamers and ballers come together
- Enjoy instant access to over 100 high-quality games out of the box with the included one-month trial of Xbox Game Pass
Unlike its real-time strategy predecessor StarCraft, this installment was set to be a third-person shooter, and intended to give players a closer and more personal view of the franchise’s universe. Players follow Nova, a Terran psychic espionage operative called a “ghost”, the game would have been set four years after the conclusion of StarCraft: Brood War and cover a conspiracy about a secretive military project conducted by Nova’s superiors in the imperial Terran Dominion.