Samsung’s T7 Portable SSD 500GB easily fits in your pocket, and you can get one for $79.99 shipped, this weekend only, originally $109.99. With a read speed of 1,050MB/s and a write speed of 1,000MB/s, this drive is approximately twice as fast as its predecessor, the T5, and up to 9.5 times faster than a traditional external hard disk drive. It comes with a USB Type-C-to-C cable and a USB Type-C-to-A cable, and is compatible with Windows, Mac and Android operating systems. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- TRANSFER IN A FLASH: Transfers files nearly 9.5x faster than external hard disk drive (HDD). Reads up to 1,050 MB/s / Writes up to 1,000 MB/s on USB 3.2 gen 2 supported devices*.
- SAMSUNG RECOMMENDS users to download the latest firmware update via the included Portable SSD Software 1.0 to ensure optimal performance
- Data transfer speed may vary depending on the user’s PC environment and the types of data being transferred. USB 3.2 Gen2 and UASP support are required for maximum transfer speed (1,050MB/s)**
- SAMSUNG RECOMMENDS the usage of the included USB Type-C to C and USB Type-C to A cables. Non-original cables may cause performance degradation due to the varying internal resistance and maximum allowable currency
- BUILT STRONG & SECURE: Shock-resistant and withstands drops from 6ft.
Best of all, security is provided with password-protected AES 256-bit hardware data encryption. Unlike its predecessors, the T7 boasts a solid aluminum case that is shock resistant from drops up to 2 meters, complete with a three-year limited warranty. To reach its maximum speed, simply use it with the NVMe interface.