Photo credit: Ash Thorp
Automotive designer Ash Thorp from San Diego collaborated with Carlos Colorsponge figured that after the Tesla Cybertruck, Elon Musk will have no choice but to release an electric motorcycle to take on competitors, like BMW. So, the duo came up with “The Sokudo”, a stealthy carbon fiber motorcycle that can shape-shift depending on how fast it is traveling on the road. How? Its flexible chassis can fold for a more aerodynamic position at higher speeds. Read more for two more pictures and a bonus video.
There’s no mention of what kind of battery or electric motor that could be powering the motorcycle, but it most certainly will be more powerful than the bikes of today, such as the 2022 Zero FXE. The latter (bonus video) features a 75-5 passively air-cooled, high efficiency, radial flux, interior permanent magnet, brushless motor that generates 46 hp and 78 lb-ft of torque, good for an 85 mph top speed.
- Compact electric motocross bike with powerful 650-watt electric motor
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 17 mph; authentic dirt bike frame geometry
- Dual suspension and riser handlebars deliver smooth, comfortable ride. Battery life Up to 40 mins
- Pneumatic knobby tires for maximum power transfer; quiet variable-speed, chain-driven motor and Wheels- 16 inches front and 14 inches rear tires
- Recommended for ages 16 and older (220-pound weight limit); 90-day warranty . Initial charge time: 12 hours.Failure to recharge the battery at least once a month may result in a battery that will no longer accept a charge.