Pre-orders begin July 1 for Sony’s flagship Xperia 1 III at $1299.99 USD, and what sets this device apart from the company’s other smartphones is that it’s the world´s first with a Variable telephoto lens paired with a Dual PD sensor, complete with real-time eye AF, real-time tracking as well as fast, accurate continuous AF across all lenses. Other features include a 6.5-inch 4K HDR display with a 120Hz refresh rate and 360 spatial sound. Read more for two hands-on video reviews and additional information.
This smartphone was co-developed with the engineers behind the Sony Alpha brand cameras, which means the smartphone comes equipped with four focal lengths in photo / video recording (16mm, 24mm, 70mm and 105mm), ZEISS T* coating, a new AI super resolution zoom, manual controls over select settings, a Basic Mode feature in Photography Pro, and the latest Optical SteadyShot with FlawlessEye.
- Super Smooth Display – high resolution with a 90-Hz refresh rate – scrolling, swiping and switching through apps feels easy and effortless
- 16,6 cm / 6.55” AMOLED Screen – for an impressive multimedia experience, instant touch-response, more speed and a fascinating clarity
- Ultra Clear Triple Camera - 48MP main camera, 16MP ultra wide angle, 2MP macro and 16MP front camera, Nightscape 2.0, Studio Lightining, Super slow motion up to 460 FPS, RAW image, AI Scene Detection
- 8 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage for more performance, true speed and larger amounts of data/ High-performance processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 with 5G connectivity
- Power Battery 4300 mAh – Next generation WARP CHARGE 30T technology (ready-to-go in 20 minutes) fast charging / Android 10 operating system
Xperia 1 III is crafted to be robust. The Xperia 1 III combines high-quality materials with a bold and distinctive design. When paired with compatible Sony headphones, users can easily access the Sony | Headphones Connect app using the new Side Sense menu for swift connectivity,” said the company.