Sony announced today that its latest flagship smartphone, the Xperia 1 II, ships in the US starting July 24th, priced at $1,199. This handset is designed for mobile photographers, as it comes equipped with a newly developed 12-megapixel triple ZEISS camera array with focal lengths of 16mm, 24mm and 70mm calibrated specifically for Xperia 1 II, as well as ZEISS T coating, which reduces reflections. Read more for two videos, including a hands-on look, and additional information.
Other features include a 6.5-inch 4K HDR OLED display with 21:9 aspect ratio, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset, 5G connectivity, a 4,000mAh battery, 3.5mm headphone jack, and wireless charging support. There’s also a Photography Pro function with technology from Alpha that offers manual controls to set ISO, shutter speed, burst mode, autofocus area, exposure control and more.
- 6. 5 inches 4K OLED smartphone with 21: 9 Cinema Wide display. SIM Capability - Number of SIM - Dual SIM hybrid
- Triple lens camera system with Eye auto focus and up to 10 fps burst shooting with AF/AE tracking for precision focus and exposure
- Enhanced display setting Creator mode (ITU R BT. 2020 support and 10 bit tonal gradation) and new cinema recording function Cinema Pro “Powered by CineAlta" to reflect the creator’s intent
- Immersive multi dimensional Dolby Atmos. Durability : Water resistant (IP65/68). Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Game Enhancer mode optimizes the game’s processing performance
Utilizing technology developed for Alpha interchangeable lens cameras, Xperia 1 II offers continuous autofocus and auto-exposure that performs AF/AE3 calculations at 60 times per second4. This enables the world’s first AF / AE3 continuous tracking for high-speed shooting at a maximum of 20 fps which is especially useful for shooting moving subjects such as children or animals5 and fast-moving sports. Focus and follow the subject with high precision and capture decisive moments that you do not want to miss,” according to Sony.