SpaceX planned to launch its third full-scale Starship, called Serial Number 10 (SN10), earlier today, but an out-of-bounds reading caused them to abort it. The good news is that a launch is still set for today, with final preparations being made now. The objective of this launch is to successfully land the Starship vehicle where its predecessors, the SN8 and SN9, both failed in the last seconds of the mission due to issues stabilizing themselves for a controlled landing. Read more for two live video streams and additional information.
As many saw, both the SN8 and SN9 flights ended in either fire or explosion at the landing site, but SpaceX engineer Elon Musk estimates a 60 percent chance of success this time around, somewhat higher than before. If the team is able to successfully reignite at least two of the three Raptor engines near the ground to slow the vehicle’s descent, it should technically be able to make a successful controlled landing.
- Challenge your construction skills with this LEGO Ideas ISS (21321) display model, featuring 2 rotating joints with 8 adjustable ‘solar panels’, posable Canadarm2 and other authentic details to discover as you build
- This ISS model comes with a stand, 2 astronaut microfigures, a brick-built mini NASA space shuttle and 3 mini cargo spacecrafts to create a spectacular display and rekindle nostalgic memories of childhood LEGO projects
- Includes a 148-page booklet featuring fascinating facts about the International Space Station, the spaceship model’s fan creator and LEGO designer, and a celebration of the LEGO Ideas theme’s 10th anniversary
- A super treat for yourself, birthday present or holiday gift idea for space fans, adults aged 16+ or any experienced LEGO builder, this 864-piece set offers hours of creative fun, whether built solo or with friends
- This ISS (International Space Station) toy building kit for adults, measuring over 7” (20cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 19” (49cm) wide, makes a beautiful display model that will catch the eye of every passerby