Students and researchers from Solar Team Eindhoven have unveiled Stella Vita, the world’s first solar-powered mobile home on wheels. Not only does the vehicle generate enough solar energy to drive, but also to live off. It’s set to hit the road for the first time and will begin a journey through Europe using just the solar panels on the roof. That’s right, it’s completely independent of charging stations, enough to drive, shower, watch TV, charge mobile devices, make coffee, and more. Read more for a short teaser video and additional pictures.
When it’s not driving, the roof can be slid upwards, making it easier to stand inside for cooking, sleeping or work. Plus, there are additional solar panels that fold out when the roof is raised, doubling the energy collecting surface to as much as 17.5 square meters. The comfortable interior has a minimalist design to make it as light and efficient as possible, thus enabling the vehicle to travel up to 453-miles (730-kilometers) on a sunny day.
- 25000mAh High Capacity: Built-in 25000mAh Li-polymer battery, it can charge your phones 8-10 times or tablets 3-4 times for an average of 9 days of usage per charge.
- 4 Solar Panels: With 4 foldable high-effeciency solar panels, up to 1A input current under the sunlight, which is 4 - 6 times faster than the other solar chargers. You can also use micro USB cable to charge it.
- Dual USB 2.1A Output: Dual 2.1A USB ports allow you to charge 2 devices simultaneously with 2.1A high speed charging. Auto-detect your devices' current to pair the optimal output.
- Built for Outdoors: Rugged construction is dust, shock and waterproof; Built in LED flashlight with SOS mode, perfect for outdoor emergency.
- What You Get: 25000mAh Portable Solar Charger, a micro USB cable, User Manual.
The students will travel with Stella Vita in one month from Eindhoven to the southernmost tip of Spain on energy from the sun. Together with their partners, including main sponsor Coolblue, the students will show the future of sustainable travel,” said the team.