Takara Tomy is no stranger to robots, but they wanted to make their latest robotic creation something special, or at least for grandparents. Meet Ami-chan, a robotic grandchild that comes loaded with a 1,600 word vocabulary and AI-powered facial recognition technology that lets them accurately identify people. Why is the latter necessary? After identifying the person, it address them by name. Read more for a video and additional information.
The company touts that its fabric-based frame can be comfortably hugged and having a head full of hair means that brushing or other accessories can be used on it. Other features include the ability to sing 40 nursery rhymes / songs, ask questions that change depending on the time as well as season, and quite possibly the strangest of all, talk in her sleep. She’s powered by four C batteries and available between August 27th – September 15th from the Takara Tomy Mall, priced at $250 USD.
- Who doesn't love robots? Introduce kids to the creative world of coding with the best educational STEM toys to foster their curiosities. Building, learning, and programming robots has never been more fun!
- Includes 847 LEGO pieces that kids can build and rebuild into 5 cool multifunctional models. The best and most popular robotics toys for 7-12 year old boys and girls who love to tinker and learn about science. Use the latest tech like color, distance and tilt sensors.
- Construct and code Vernie the Robot to dance, rock out on the Guitar4000, foster Frankie the Cat, interact with the Autobuilder, or explore a new discovery with the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4). The IQ-boosting activities are endless!
- Vernie the Robot stands over 10" (27cm) tall, Guitar4000 over 1” (5cm) high, 16” (42cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide, Frankie the Cat over 6” (17cm) tall, AutoBuilder over 10” (27cm) high, M.T.R.4 over 4” (12cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
- A tablet or mobile phone is required, but not included. Compatible with selected iOS, Android, Kindle and Windows 10 devices with BLE 4.1 and newer. Compatible with select mobile devices.
Our Amaenbo Ami-chan is a doll for seniors who can recognize faces and communicate with you by installing an image recognition chip” that utilizes AI. The size when Ami sits is 30 cm, which makes it easy to hold,” said the company in a press release.