Sure, you could always take a ride sharing service to a wedding or funeral, but to go in style, there’s the Tank Taxi. Merlin Batchelor from Norwich, England purchased an old armored personnel carrier online and decided to turn it into a chauffeur service vehicle. After all was said and done, it cost him around $35,000 USD to get back in working condition, including obtaining the necessary license(s) for use on the road. Read more for a short video and additional information.
This unique ride doesn’t come cheap though, as he charges approximately $1,000 USD for rides. Unfortunately (or fortunately), the Tank Taxi has only been certified to transport people to weddings and funerals, but Batchelor hopes to get the permits required for other events. One thing that may surprise you is that the insurance on this thing is actually cheaper than what he pays for his Honda Civic.
- 16 highly detailed, super-poseable micro action figures with detachable WWII-themed armor, and 2 dogs
- Buildable battle scene with barricade, barbed wire and rotating machine gun
- American force includes 2 officers, 5 soldiers, and 1 medic, plus 1 dog
- German force includes 1 officer and 7 soldiers, plus 1 dog
- Authentic accessories include canteens, supply packs, and weapons, including a flamethrower
First, I had neighbors, then friends asking, then friends of friends, and then people I didn’t even know asking me can I take them to, mainly asking about proms. Technically it isn’t [a tank] — it’s an armored personnel carrier,” said Batchelor.