Team Tempest, a UK-based technology and defense partnership formed by BAE Systems, Leonardo, MBDA, Rolls-Royce and the RAF, is currently working with hundreds of high-tech companies, SMEs as well as academia across the UK to develop a next-generation combat air system. Leonardo UK is working on new radar technology for the sixth-generation Tempest fighter jet capable of providing over 10,000 times more data than existing systems. It’s officially called the ‘Multi-Function Radio Frequency System’ and not only collects, but also processes unprecedented amounts of data on the battlespace. Read more for a video and additional information.
The data that the ‘Multi-Function Radio Frequency System’ will collect and process is equivalent to the internet traffic of a large city such as Edinburgh, every second. This massive amount of information, processed on-board, will give the Tempest fighter jet a battle winning edge in combat situations, with the ability to locate and target enemies well before they are targeted themselves.
- Top Race 3 Channel Rc Plane for Adults Remote Control Airplane Ready to Fly TR-C285G UPGRADED
- UPGRADED: New Propeller Saver Technology, to save RC plane from damage.
- Easy to Fly rc Plane! Amazing Remote Control Plane with 3 level flying, Easy, Medium, Hard, Gift any Adults or advanced kids with this Amazingly fun rc plane Ready to Fly.
- 2.4Ghz Radio Control distance of over 320 Ft. 8mm Coreless Motor, Flying time of up to 12 min. on a single charge
- Great Gift item for adults and advanced boys!
The brand new sensor will provide a wide range of abilities beyond traditional radar, with all-digital technology providing the operator with an exceptionally clear view of the battlespace and of potential targets. Leonardo has already built complete sub-systems using the new technology and successfully tested them at the company’s site in Edinburgh with a path to airborne demonstrations in the coming years,” said the company.