Terraforming Venus has been proposed several times over the years, but how would the planet look if it had as much liquid water as Earth? Reddit “Dragonite-2” created such an image to show those interested. The main issue is the planet’s very thick carbon dioxide atmosphere, and its ground level pressure of 1,330 psi. A greenhouse effect causes the temperature on the surface to be several hundred degrees too hot for any significant organisms. So mostly all of the approaches include removing nearly all the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Read more for a video and additional information.
One method proposed in 1961 by Carl Sagan involves the use of genetically engineered bacteria to fix carbon into organic compounds, but since the planet lacks a protective magnetosphere, the upper atmosphere is exposed to direct erosion by the solar wind and has lost most of its original hydrogen to space. Another interesting proposal is to cool the planet by placing reflectors in the atmosphere by using reflective balloons floating in the upper atmosphere to create shade.
- Powerful reflector telescope: The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ telescope is a powerful reflector telescope for astronomy beginners. It features fully-coated glass optics, a sturdy and lightweight frame, two eyepieces, a StarPointer red dot finderscope and an adjustable tripod.
- High-quality 130mm optics: The heart of the system is a 130mm glass optic objective lens. The AstroMaster mount features two slow-motion control knobs that allow you to make precision adjustments. Resolution (Rayleigh)- 1.07 arc seconds
- Quick setup & lightweight frame: This telescope for kids and adults to be used together features a lightweight frame manual German Equatorial mount for smooth and accurate pointing. Setup is quick and easy, with no tools required for assembly.
- Included accessories: We’ve included two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), a travel tripod, and a StarPointer red dot finderscope. Accessories also include a FREE download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs.
- Unbeatable warranty and customer support: Buy with confidence from the world’s No 1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a two-year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.