After over a decade of testing and development, the Terrafugia Transition has obtained an FAA Special Light-Sport Aircraft (LSA) airworthiness certificate. This two-seat aircraft and automobile has been designed to meet safety standards from both the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). It’s powered by a 100-hp Rotax 912iS Sport fuel-injected engine with a 2,000 hr TBO capable of a flight speed of 100 mph and runs on either premium gasoline or 100LL airplane fuel. Read more for two videos and additional information.
The base model will include a Dynon Skyview avionics package, a BRS airframe parachute, four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes, a rigid carbon fiber safety cage, and folding wings that enable you to store it in a single-car garage. Initially, The Transition aims to provide pilots and flight schools with an aircraft featuring enhanced safety capabilities and the latest avionics.
- PACK LIGHT, FLY FREE: at less than 249 g, it weighs about as much as an apple and fits in the palm of your hand. compact and convenient, this small drone is your ideal travel companion, transforming how you capture your favorite memories
- OCUSYNC 2.0 VIDEO TRANSMISSION: mini 2 supports up to 10km of hd video transmission and has excellent anti-interference capabilities, giving you the ability to fly farther and see clearer
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: with a max battery life of 31 minutes, dji mini 2 grants more than enough time to compose the perfect shot. mini 2 can resist level 5 winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest
- 4X ZOOM: there’s no need to get so close for your dream shot. 4x digital zoom makes it safer and more convenient when transitioning between shots of varying distance and composition
- QUICKSHOTS: with just a few taps, dji mini 2 automatically records and shoots professional-level videos to share directly on social media. whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced flyer, the dji fly app helps you produce impressive results complete with soundtracks and filters
We are excited to have reached our goal of an airworthiness certificate for the initial version. During an extremely challenging pandemic year, our team remained focused, improved our quality system, completed the critical aspects of the design, built the vehicle, completed 80 days of flight testing, delivered 150 technical documents, and successfully passed the FAA audit. This is a major accomplishment that builds momentum in executing our mission to deliver the world’s first practical flying car,” said Kevin Colburn, Vice President and General Manager of Terrafugia.