Photo credit: Meiselasb
An entrepreneur’s brand new Tesla Model S Plaid spontaneously caught fire while the owner was driving, just three days after it was delivered following its June launch. Fortunately there are no injuries to report, but its owner was initially stuck inside because the electronic door system failed, which resulted in him having to use force to push it open. The vehicle continued to roll for about 35 feet before flames engulfed it in a residential area near the owner’s Pennsylvania home. Read more for the news report and additional pictures.
The local fire authorities were called to the scene in said they cooled the vehicle’s batteries down to ensure the fire was completely extinguished, while the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is currently in touch with relevant agencies and the manufacturer to gather information about the incident. However, if data or investigations reveal a defect or an inherent risk to safety exists, the NHTSA will take action as appropriate to protect the public.
- Safety Priority : UL 2272 certification ensures Ninebot S meets high standards for fire and electrical safety. The Smart Battery Management System provides reliable battery performance. IP54 waterproof protection ensures operation in various weathers.
- Sturdy & Powerful : Ninebot S is compact, weighting just 28 lbs with a max load of 220 lbs. Thanks to the dual 400W motors, it can easily reach a max speed of 10 mph. A single fully charged battery can run up to 13. 7 miles, climbing a max slope of 15°
- Road Adaptive Design : 10. 5" pneumatic tires provide a comfortable and smoother ride on bumpy roads. Knee control bar allows for precise steering and easy lifting. Applicable Age 16 – 50 years. Applicable Height - 3. 11 – 6. 6 Inch.
- Intelligent App Management : Download the Segway app for anti-theft function, speed limit and adjustment, vehicle self-diagnose, firmware upgrade, Ambient Light, vehicle remote control and more.Rated voltage:54.8V
- Quality Assurance: The Ninebot S is sturdy and durable. One-year or 180-day for different parts, please refer to information in product details below, contact us at [email protected] if you have any problems.
It was a harrowing and horrifying experience. This is a brand new model… We are doing an investigation. We are calling for the S Plaid to be grounded, not to be on the road until we get to the bottom of this,” said Mark Geragos, of Geragos & Geragos, the owner’s attorney.