Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced yesterday that an unmodified Model S Plaid has set a new Nürburgring record for production electric vehicles, clocking in a fast lap of 7 minutes and 30.909 seconds at an average speed of 103 mph. What’s next for this blistering fast electric sedan? Tesla intends to race a modified Model S Plaid with added aero body parts, carbon ceramic brakes and track tires next. Read more for two videos and additional information.
How does the competition fare? Well, a Porsche Taycan managed a fast lap of 7:42.34, but apparently the automaker used the standard Turbo trim, which produces 670 horsepower. The Porsche Taycan Turbo S generates 750 horsepower, which might be enough to give the Model S Plaid a run for its money should it make another Nürburgring appearance.
- Insane Stunts, Cool Features - The car can move in all directions, can do extreme 360-degree tumbling spins and can also flip on both sides using its controller. The racing car body is built with soft but strong plastic allowing it to handle all kinds of collisions. Premium rubber tires allows the car to be controlled easily while its internal coil springs are elastic, giving the car a smooth run.
- Powerful Motor System - This SGILE Racing Car is powered by a powerful motor system that can push the car to a maximum speed of 15 km/hr. Give your kids the thrill and excitement of controlling this stunt car.
- Impressive Design & Quality - Made out of premium ABS plastic, and non-toxic explosion-proof PVC materials, this racing car is safe to play for children. The SGILE Racing Car boasts an impressive body design with shiny green and cool surface finishing, making it look like a real racing car.
- Easy Controls, Multiple Players - An easy to control remote controller with 2.4ghz transmitter strength, you can be maneuvered even from a far distance. Also, its strong transmitter power means no signal interference if multiple players race with you at the same time. Have an exciting time racing with your friends and family.
- Double Fun - The SGILE Racing Car toy is equipped with a 4.8V 700 mAh NI-MH battery that lasts longer than other standard batteries. This means you can have double the fun every time you play with the SGILE Racing Car.
Today I visited the legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife as there have been rumors that Tesla is attempting to do a lap record with the all new Mordel S Plaid. I managed to film both cars (a black and a red one) and various sections of the racetrack,” said Touristen Niko, a fan who recorded the video above.