Throttle House gives us a first look at the $60,990 Tesla Model Y Performance and compares it with the Model 3 as well as Model X. As you’re about to see, this model is most similar to the Model 3 Performance with its dual electric motors setup that sends power to all four wheels, enabling it to hit 60 mph in just 3.5 seconds, while topping out at an electronically limited 145 mph. Read more for the video and additional information.
California has ordered six counties in the Bay Area to “shelter in place” due to the COVID-19 outbreak, but Tesla is hoping to keep its Fremont factory open, as they deem it an essential service. Just last month, Tesla temporarily shut down Gigafactory Shanghai in China under government orders, but has since reopened.
- Hot Wheels id takes vehicle play to a new level of pulse-pounding excitement, offering a first-of-its kind mixed-play experience.
- Track speed and count laps with your classic Hot Wheels track and the Hot Wheels Race Portal. With every milestone conquered, kids' racing prowess is boosted.
- Build a virtual garage of outrageous vehicles -like this Tesla Model S-to race, jump, crash and compete. Unlock performance boosts, races and rad rewards.
- Race cars in insane digital races, unlock rewards and level up with the free mobile app. NFC-enabled device or Hot Wheels Race Portal (sold separately) required to scan in cars.
- Take it to the next level and use with the Hot Wheels id Smart Track (sold separately).
Social distancing outside Tesla Fremont factory this morning. Those are all Tesla workers, boarding buses for offsite parking to cities as distant as Tracy and Stockton. pic.twitter.com/V1VC4GatgN
— Russ Mitchell (@russ1mitchell) March 17, 2020