Tesla engineers showcased a prototype for a ventilator on Sunday evening as hospitals worldwide are overwhelmed by coronavirus patients and face device shortages. Unlike other ventilators, this one relies heavily on Tesla car parts, namely the Model 3, enabling the team to redeploy existing stock and produce the devices as quick as possible.
Parts used include the Continental-supplied air suspension reservoir tank, which is being repurposed as a high-pressure supply tank for the device, while the Model 3’s infotainment display as well as its associated computing / control units are used to show the patient’s breathing curve. Plus, multiple other valves and sensors from car production also appear to be used.
- Hot Wheels id takes vehicle play to a new level of pulse-pounding excitement, offering a first-of-its kind mixed-play experience.
- Track speed and count laps with your classic Hot Wheels track and the Hot Wheels Race Portal. With every milestone conquered, kids' racing prowess is boosted.
- Build a virtual garage of outrageous vehicles -like this Tesla Model S-to race, jump, crash and compete. Unlock performance boosts, races and rad rewards.
- Race cars in insane digital races, unlock rewards and level up with the free mobile app. NFC-enabled device or Hot Wheels Race Portal (sold separately) required to scan in cars.
- Take it to the next level and use with the Hot Wheels id Smart Track (sold separately).