Photo credit: Foster + Partners
Foster + Partners partnered with The Red Sea Development Company (TRSDC) to build the Red Sea International Airport, which has just begun construction in Saudi Arabia, set for completion in 2022. It aims to be the world’s most ambitious luxury tourism development, offering an exclusive experience of unparalleled diversity for discerning global travelers, complete with a dolphin-shaped hub that consists of five fluid dune-shaped roofs that form the airport itself in a radial layout. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
The five dune-shaped pods boast departure suites that are arranged to allow an easy transition from their cars to the plane. To be more specific, when passengers are dropped off outside the terminal, they are able to quickly enter one of the departure pods, which also include spas and restaurants enveloped in a soothing atmosphere. The main terminal is going to be essentially a green oasis with an indigenous planted garden, powered 100 percent with renewable energy.
- This passenger airplane toy makes an ideal introduction to the exciting world of LEGO City; Perfect for kids aged 6 and up, it is designed to inspire creative, independent play based on real-life events
- This passenger plane toy includes a large airplane, airport truck with a with car elevator, airstair, airport terminal setting, a red convertible automobile, 8 minifigures and a baby figure
- Includes a large model airplane with seating for the pilot and passenger minifigures – including Poppy Starr from the LEGO City Adventures TV series – plus a terminal building with luggage conveyor and a control tower
- The LEGO City Passenger Airplane 60262 building set makes a great birthday or any-other-day gift for kids aged 6 and up, and for boys and girls who love toy planes and the excitement of flying to far-off lands
- When built, the Passenger Airplane measures over 7" (18cm) high, 21" (54cm) long and 17" (44cm) wide, while the terminal building measures over 8” (21cm) high, 11” (28cm) wide and 4” (12cm) deep
This award marks the start of our exciting partnership with The Red Sea Development Company, who are on track to deliver a world-class sustainable giga-project in support of Saudi Vision 2030. We are proud to be selected to contribute to the development of the Red Sea International Airport which we believe will play a key role in the transformation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia by welcoming up to one million visitors per year to the destination by 2030,” said Rami Alturki, Vice Chairman & Board Member at Nesma & Partners Contracting Co. Ltd.