Photo credit: Electrek
Remember Aptera’s 1,000-mile never charge solar electric vehicle that was revealed back in December? Well, it has now received over 7,000 vehicle reservations, and just this past month, Aptera moved into a new production design facility in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego. The 60,500 square foot campus will be home to Aptera’s three completed vehicles and a team of development engineers that will focus on advanced 3D printing, composites, UI/UX development, and battery technologies development. Read more for two videos and additoinal information.
Aptera’s low drag design gives it the longest range of any production vehicle ever created, up to 1,000 miles per charge, thanks in part to the integrated solar panels that can be configured to provide up to 45 miles of range per day with over 3 square meters and 180 efficient solar cells designed into the body structure. It uses liquid-cooled electric motors to accelerate from 0-60 in as fast as 3.5 seconds, with a top speed of 110 mph. Plus, all-wheel drive and vectorized torque control give this solar electric vehicle comfort, stability control, and the ability to handle inclement weather.
- Four high-conversion solar charging panels can quickly charge the device. As long as there is sunlight, you can continue to charge. With 35800mAh large-capacity battery, there is no need to worry about the power of the power bank. Its solar power is 15W and the input current is 1.5A. The conversion rate via solar charging can reach 116% of the charging speed of 1A plug.
- Equipped with wireless charging function, you can charge without even carrying cables.With 2 USB output ports, you can charge 3 devices at the same time, a product can meet the needs of many people,which is more convenient.Note: Only Qi-enabled devices are compatible with the wireless charging function.
- The power bank is waterproof, drop-proof and dust-proof, and can still work normally in extreme environments. It is a great choice for outdoor activities or daily use.
- Upgraded built-in smart chip Charging speed increased by 2 times,faster and more stable to auto filter any danger , Fluctuation voltage is converted to Stable voltage.It can stabilize the equipment and ensure the safety in use.
- We are committed to providing products and services which make all customers satisfied! Hence, we sincerely hope that such shopping experience can give you a happy memory.
I’m betting on a solar future, and I’m betting on Aptera,” says the lean design expert. “The industry needs more creative engineering like this to progress ahead. I’m happy to be assisting Aptera as they move into production and beyond,” said Sandy Munro of Munro & Associates, Inc..