The Toyota Gazoo Racing GR010 Hybrid Hypercar has been officially uncovered, equipped with a powerful four-wheel drive racing hybrid powertrain consisting of a twin-turbocharged 3.5L V6 engine making 680hp, combined with a front-axle hybrid motor generator unit, developed by AISIN AW and DENSO. The racing team enters its ninth season in WEC with the same driver line-up which brought Le Mans and World Championship glory to the team in the 2019-2020 campaign. World Champions Mike Conway, Kamui Kobayashi and José María López will helm the #7 vehicle while Sébastien Buemi, Kazuki Nakajima and Brendon Hartley race with the #8 car. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
An intense preparation session has begun with two three-day tests already under the belt as the team adapts to new regulations which are a significant shift in terms of performance and philosophy. This hybrid hypercar features state-of-the-art aerodynamics, optimized for efficiency, and developed using powerful Computational Fluid Dynamics software as well as wind tunnel testing.
- Let race car fans take on a driving challenge with this LEGO Technic app-controlled Top Gear Rally Car operated via a smart device with 3 screens!
- This toy rally car model is controlled via the LEGO Technic CONTROL+ app and powered by an advanced Smart Hub with 1 XL motor and 1 L motor for a more immersive play experience, authentic movements and hours of fun!
- Build the car, download the app and get ready for action with multi-function control that lets drivers go forward, reverse, steer, accelerate, brake, play sound effects and get real-time feedback!
- This LEGO Technic app-controlled racecar creates endless build-and-play fun and is an action-filled holiday, birthday or anyday gift for kids ages 10+ who like building challenges, Top Gear Rally Car toys and remote-control cars
- At over 26cm (10”) long, 10cm (3”) high and 14cm (5”) wide, this motorized toy car is the perfect size for driving or for display; please note this set is not compatible with LEGO Power Functions systems
It is a fascinating time for endurance racing, with the new Le Mans Hypercar class, and also for TOYOTA GAZOO Racing, with the launch of the GR010 HYBRID. This car represents our next generation of racing hybrid. During our LMP1 era, since 2012, we worked tirelessly to improve and strengthen our hybrid technology for racing. We set new standards with the TS050 HYBRID and our first loop of racing hybrid development is complete; this technology will be available to our future customers soon. Now the second stage will begin. Through our WEC participation, we will refine our racing hybrid powertrain in the GR010 HYBRID, enhance our understanding of hypercar technology and continually develop our staff,” said Hisatake Murata, Team President.