Photo credit: Grannas Racing
Grannas Racing has just set a new world record with their 2,000 hp Toyota Supra MK4 drag car after completing the quarter-mile in a mere 6.9-seconds. To be more specific, this is currently the fastest quarter-mile completed by an H-Pattern manual transmission vehicle, previously held by 1997 Camaro, which completed it in 7.546 seconds. Read more for the record-setting run and additional information.
As you can see in the video above, the Grannas Racing “Orange Man Bad” Toyota Supra rocketed to a 6.90 second pass @ 194 mph in the quarter mile on a h-pattern faceplated T56 “GR1000F” transmission kit. It has seen 208mph in the quarter, but when watching the video, you will see the car glitches and shuts off electrically at about 1000-1100 feet into the run hence the lower MPH (194).
- Inspire kids to recreate their favorite scenes from the Fast & Furious movies with this amazing LEGO Technic Dom’s Dodge Charger 42111, an awesome replica model of the classic muscle car
- With 1,077 pieces, this cool building set provides a fun challenge for kids who love toy model cars; Inspired by the original 1970s Dodge Charger R/T, this faithful replica is packed with realistic details
- Authentic features let kids recreate the thrill of driving the real car, with moving pistons, suspension, steering system and air blower; After playing, kids can show off the model in the famous wheelstand position
- Introduce youngsters to a world of building fun with LEGO Technic sets; With awesome vehicle designs and cool functions, the fun goes on long after the model is built
- LEGO Technic building kits are thoroughly tested to make sure each one meets the highest global safety and quality standards; No batteries are required for this fun race-car toy