Toyota hasn’t released a supercar since the Lexus LFA, but that may be about to change with the GR Super Sport. The automaker has teased this vehicle for years, and now, the public finally got to see the car at the 24 Hours of Le Mans this past weekend. Featuring a hybrid powertrain with a twin-turbocharged 2.4-liter direct-injection V6, paired with an electric motor, for a combined output of 986 horsepower. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
The GR Super Sport is actually based on the TS050 Hybrid race car, which took home wins at Le Mans in 2018 and 2019. Toyota Gazoo Racing president Shigeki Tomoyama said Toyota would “develop sports cars from active race cars” at the time, and the GR Super Sport is hopefully the first vehicle of many. For the record, the TS050 Hybrid first debuted at Le Mans in 2016 and currently holds the current race lap record at La Sarthe.
- Build and experience an iconic supercar—the LEGO Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!
- 2-in-1 LEGO Technic set: rebuilds into a Hot Rod replica model
- This collectible car model features a large rear wing, 4 tailpipes, black spoked rims with low-profile tires, working steering and visible moving V8...
- USAGE: The Light Set is used to light up Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (NOT include the Lego Set).
- PORDUCT FEATURE: The Light is made use of original material purely handmade. It contains 1 USB Light kit ,Instruction guide, battery box. Plug in...
- TIPS: Prepare three AA Batteries, or USB Charger and Voltage should be less than 5V to avoid burning.