Toyota-backed SkyDrive successfully tested its latest SD-03 flying car earlier this week. This single-seat, electric vertical take-off and landing vehicle has two sets of counter-rotating rotors up front and two more sets at the rear, with each one being driven by its own electric motor in case of emergency. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Its total footprint occupies the space of around two medium-sized automobiles, while the size of the SD-03’s batteries, air traffic control technology, as well as other infrastructure issues are still being addressed ahead of commercial approval. The company hopes to have them in the skies by 2023 after it passes critical safety tests, according to Tomohiro Fukuzawa, head of the SkyDrive project.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: as the smallest 3-axis stabilized handheld camera DJI has ever designed, the compact and intelligent OSMO pocket turns any moment into a cinematic memory
- AMAZINGLY POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: OSMO pocket snaps photos in stunning detail, thanks to a 1/2. 3-Inch sensor, 80° FOV, and F/2. 0 aperture. It can also shoot 4K/60Fps video at 100Mbps and photos at 12 MP with a Pixel size of 1. 55 μm for footage worth sharing every time
- CREATIVE: Osmo Pocket can be connected to your phone for vlog and steaming. YouTube, TikTok, Streamlabs.
- A VARIETY OF FUNCTIONS: Osmo Pocket features a variety of functions that allow you to create even more creative content including: ActiveTrack, FaceTrack, Timelapse, Motionlapse, Pano, NightShot, Story Mode
- COMPATIBILITY: DJI Mimo App requires iOS 10.0, Android 7.0 or above. Compatible devices include: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, SE, Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, S10, S9 Plus, S9, S8 Plus, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, Note 8, Huawei P30 Pro, P30, P20, P10, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10, Mate 9 Pro, Mate 9, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo NEX, Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S, Mi 8, Mi 6, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, Google Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 2
Many things have to happen. If they cost US$10 million, no one is going to buy them. If they fly for five minutes, no one is going to buy them. If they fall out of the sky every so often, no one is going to buy them,” said Sanjiv Singh, professor at the Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University, who cofounded Near Earth Autonomy, which is also working on an eVTOL aircraft.