Photo credit: Goldin Auctions
To celebrate the 60th birthday of The Pokemon Company President Tsunekazu Ishihara back in 2017, an extremely limited edition card was distributed to employees. In addition to being rare, the card pays tribute to Ishihara, the driving force behind many iconic Pokemon innovations, like the original Red & Green games, the Pokemon Trading Card Game (TCG), and who can forget the world famous augmented reality game, Pokemon Go. Read more for two videos and additional information.
This card was graded and authenticated by PSA, but unfortunately, it slightly missed the mark to receive a “Mint” condition score or above, although the autograph itself did grade a 9. Despite its condition, it still managed to fetch a whopping $247,230 USD at Goldin Auctions. We’d imagine a “PSA 10 Gem Mint” condition example would fetch upwards of $500,000 USD or more, even without a signature.
- Exclusive 5-character multi-figure pack with different Poke Balls
- Buildable Pokemon include Cubone, Zubat, Caterpie, Magikarp and Pikachu
- 5 Poke Balls with pronged top and interior for figure display include Luxury Ball, Premier Ball, Poke Ball, Great Ball and Ultra Ball
- Combine with other Pokemon sets from Mega Construx
- Build your Pokemon world, and Build Beyond!
What’s really incredible is the massive enthusiasm that we’re seeing across other sports and categories. Prices for cards across sports like golf, soccer and hockey, and for trading card games like Pokémon, have absolutely taken off and we’re just scratching the surface!,” said Ken Goldin, Founder and Chairman of Goldin Auctions.