United Airlines announced that it has entered a commercial agreement with Denver-based aerospace company Boom Supersonic to add 15 of its Overture aircraft to its global fleet, with an option for an additional 35 airliners. The Overture is capable of flying at speeds of Mach 1.7, connecting passengers to more than 500 destinations in nearly half the time. Some of the potential routes include Newark to London in 3.5-hours and San Francisco to Tokyo in just 6-hours. Read more for a video and additional information.
The aircraft will also be designed with cutting edge technology like the latest in-seat entertainment screens, lots of personal space, and contactless / wireless charging compatibility. Overture is set to roll out in 2025, fly in 2026 and expected to carry passengers by 2029 at far more affordable prices than its predecessor, the Concorde.
- 【IMMERSIVE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE】Feel the thrill of immersive flight provided by the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV’s super-wide 150° FOV, giving you an ultra-smooth, real-time view of your flight.
- 【4K/60FPS VIDEO】The DJI FPV aircraft can record 4K/60fps video at up to 120 Mbps, capturing crisp details that make footage look as exhilarating as the flight.
- 【BRAND-NEW S MODE】Get the dynamic look of FPV footage easily in S mode. This hybrid flight mode combines the freedom of flying manually with the simplified controls of previous DJI drones.
- 【ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES】An auxiliary bottom light, Smart Return to Home (RTH), Low Battery RTH, and forward and downward obstacle sensing are all integrated into DJI FPV to help ensure a safe flight, even at high speeds.
- 【OCUSYNC 3.0 TRANSMISSION SYSTEM 】Enjoy crystal-clear real-time and HD Low-Latency Transmission video, even at distances of up to 6.2 miles. Note: The remote controller and accessories are located on the lower layer of the box
“United continues on its trajectory to build a more innovative, sustainable airline and today’s advancements in technology are making it more viable for that to include supersonic planes. Boom’s vision for the future of commercial aviation, combined with the industry’s most robust route network in the world, will give business and leisure travelers access to a stellar flight experience. Our mission has always been about connecting people and now working with Boom, we’ll be able to do that on an even greater scale,” said Scott Kirby, United CEO.