The Valve Corporation has just released three new Half-Life: Alyx gameplay videos, which is three weeks away from its retail launch on Windows PCs. All of this footage has been spliced together from various moments through the campaign, with only one the first scene taking place within the game’s earliest section. These aren’t designed to show tons of story, but rather Alyx’s VR movement, beat-by-beat gameplay, and of course, the gravity gloves. Read more for three videos and additional information.
This game takes place before the return of Gordon Freeman in Half-Life 2, and players control Freeman’s ally Alyx Vance as she and her father Eli Vance fight the Combine, an alien empire that has conquered Earth. Players use virtual reality to gather supplies, use interfaces, throw objects, and engage in combat.
- Personal Viewing: The littlest, big screen. Crystal clear optics and state-of-the-art 3D graphics make your headset feel more like a personal theater
- Viewing with Friends: Watch with friends. Meet up in VR with friends and fans from around the world to catch live sports, concerts, or just your favorite TV show
- Portable & Easy to Use: Ready when you are. Experience portable, all-in-one VR. That means no PC, phone, wires or hassles
- Controller: Effortless control. Whether it's navigating to your favorite shows or to a far-off land, the intuitive controller makes getting there a cinch
- Built-In Audio: Surrounded by sound. Spatial audio drivers are built right into the headset, providing dramatic, immersive sound without the need for bulky or tangled headphones. Oculus Go also features a 3.5 millimeter audio jack
Similar to the gravity gun from Half-Life 2, the gravity gloves allow players to manipulate gravity, while traditional game elements such as exploration, puzzles, combat, and story are also set to return. Every single weapon in this game can be used one-handed, as Valve wanted players to have a hand free to interact with the world at all times.
- Next level gameplay: Launching with original games and experiences like Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series.
- All-in-one VR: Simply set up the device with your Oculus mobile app and Oculus Quest has everything you need to explore VR, right out of the box.
- Insight tracking: Oculus Insight tracking system instantly reflects your movements in VR without the need for any external accessories.
- Touch controllers: Oculus Touch controllers precisely recreate your hands, their gestures and interactions, so every game is real enough to reach out and touch.
- Beyond room-scale: Oculus Quest works with your environment, so you can play standing or sitting, in spaces big or small.