Based on the fifth-generation Volkswagen Caddy, the Mini-Camper is designed for a small family who wants to go on a weekend adventure, without having to rent an RV or stay at a campsite. At night, the 15-square-foot panorama glass roof can be used for stargazing, but if you prefer to doze off in complete darkness, the windows can be darkened. In the rear, you’ll find lightweight camping chairs and a table from the California models, while two storage bags can be taken inside the home for simple loading. Read more for additional pictures and information.
The Caddy Mini-Camper is offered in several different powertrains, including a four-cylinder diesel generating 74 hp or 121 hp and a petrol engine producing 113 hp. Apparently, the automaker is also planning to offer a tent that can be attached to the rear hatch for extra space. We’ll get to see the official vehicle when it premiers at the beginning of September.
- Build the classic 1962 camper van packed with authentic features!
- Includes “V” shaped color split, “splittie” safari windshield, pop-up roof, textile curtains, “boxer” engine, wing mirrors and folding furniture
- LEGO Creator Expert building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- The Camper Van is over 5-inch high and 11-inch long
- 1334 pieces – For LEGO fans over 16 years old
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles presents first images and information for the successor to the Caddy Beach. The new Mini-camper is based on the completely revamped 5th generation of the Caddy. There are a whole host of new features. One example is the entirely new bed concept that has been redeveloped to offer greater versatility. Technology in the compact camper van is definitely state-of-the-art. And a touch of romance is also included, with the panorama glass roof offering a night under the stars,” said the company.