Volta Trucks, a full-electric commercial vehicle manufacturer and services provider, has just officially unveiled the production-ready design of the Volta Zero. It’s touted as the world’s first purpose-built full-electric 16-tonne commercial vehicle, specially created for inner-city logistics, and designed from the ground up with an operating pure-electric range of 95 – 125 miles on a single charge. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Step inside, and you’ll see that the driver sits in a central position, with a much lower seat height than a conventional truck. When combined with its glass house-style cab design, the driver will have a wide 220° of visibility, minimizing dangerous blind spots. A prototype has been in service since September 2020, with the first vehicles set to be delivered to customers in mid-2022.
- The adjustable seat allows this go-kart to grow with your child from ages 3 to 8 years | The Ultimate Go-Kart has been named a 2020 Parents’ Choice Recommended Award
- Overall Product dimensions – 43" L x 30.25” W x 37.2" H | Product weight – 45.86 lbs. | Weight limit – 81 lbs. | Rear wheels – 10.75” L x 4.5” W | Battery charge length – 45 min (subject to user’s weight and recurring type of terrain where product is used on)
- The combination of rubber traction on the front tires and the extra wide rear wheel slicks make this the ultimate drifting vehicle
- The parent-controlled speed lock allows parents to control the driving speed | It also features a seat belt and a racing flag for increased visibility
- The Ultimate Go-Kart offers three forward-driving speed settings: 2.5, 5 and 8 MPH | Single speed reverse (2.5 MPH) | 24-volt battery and charger included
When the Volta Zero was revealed in September 2020, there were some who thought that its revolutionary, world-first design and packaging was just for show, and could never be built for production. We knew it wouldn’t be easy, but our constant motivation was the opportunity that a completely reimagined truck had to improve both the safety of drivers, and those vulnerable road users around large trucks operating in city centers,” said Ian Collins, Chief Product Officer of Volta Trucks.