Xiaomi is bringing back their line of Mi MIX smartphones and at least one of them will have a new liquid lens camera system that mimics the human eye. How does it work? liquid lens technology passes light through a liquid in order to vary the focal length of the camera, thus the same principle that’s used in the optics of human eyes. This means that smartphone makers won’t have to put separate lenses for telephoto and macro cameras. Read more for a video and additional information.
When a current is applied to the liquid inside these lenses, its cell shape changes within milliseconds, which means shifts in focal lengths will be near instantaneous. This makes liquid lens technology useful for any use case where rapid imaging requirements are needed. Aside from using it for telephoto and macro shoots, this technology could also be integrated directly into drones.
- Long-Lasting Power – Defeat battery anxiety with Nord N100’s massive 5000mAh battery, which keeps you powered all day long
- Large Storage, Large Performance – Packed with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of built-in storage, Nord N100 has all the performance and storage needed to keep you entertained. Need more storage? Expand it up to 512GB
- Massive Screen for Massive Entertainment – Immerse yourself into your favorite movies, TV shows, and video games with Nord N100’s massive 6.52” screen
- Triple Camera System – Equipped with a 13MP main camera, a macro lens, and a specialized camera for portrait photos, Nord N100 makes it easy to capture every moment
- Dual Stereo Speakers – Experience clear and immersive sound with stereo audio coming from both sides of Nord N100