Photo credit: Yasava via Robb Report
Switzerland-based Yasava, a design firm, wants to change the way people travel while also reducing the carbon footprint of an aircraft’s interior. They plan to accomplish this by replacing traditional windows with massive OLED walls capable of showing various projections, whether it be clouds or even a forest. Passengers will be able to change the scenery at the push of a button, while exterior cameras show what’s going on outside in real-time. Read more for another picture.
Since an OLED display functions without a backlight since it emits a visible light, these aircraft walls are capable of displaying deep black levels as well as remain ultra slim. In low ambient light conditions, like an aircraft cabin, an OLED screen can achieve a higher contrast ratio than an LCD, regardless of whether the LCD uses cold cathode fluorescent lamps or an LED backlight.
- DIMENSIONS (WxHxD) with Stand: 48.3" x 29.3" x 9.7" | Without Stand (WxHxD): 48.3" x 27.8" x 1.8" | Weight with Stand: 43.9 lbs | Weight without Stand: 41.7 lbs lbs
- PIXEL LEVEL DIMMING: Millions of pixels emit their own light. Only OLED can turn pixels off completely and independently. See stunning picture, perfect black, infinite contrast and over a billion rich colors.
- WEBOS AND MAGIC REMOTE: LG's fan-favorite webOS platform makes it surprisingly fast and easy to stream movies and shows with your favorite apps and find new obsessions based on what you like. While our Magic Remote lives up to its name with voice and motion control — just speak or simply point, scroll and click.
- α7 GEN 3 PROCESSOR 4K: Your picture is made better, clearer, and smoother. Our a7 Gen 3 Processor 4K powers the performance. You don’t have to do a thing to enjoy great picture and sound. Our advanced processor does it for you with AI Picture, AI Sound and 4KUpscaling.
- GAMING: LG OLED TV is built for gaming. AI-powered picture quality transports you to the moment. Gaming features and the latest tech, like NVIDIA G-SYNC and FreeSync, give you an edge with less lag, high refresh rates, and incredibly smooth and responsive gameplay.
Right off, we can reduce our impact by 80 percent. We can create amazing finishes without one tree being felled…it can take up to 200 years to grow a single tree used in aircraft interiors,” said Christopher Mbanefo, Yasava’s founder and CEO.