Inventor Derek Muller, better known as Veritasium on YouTube, bet Alex Kusenko, a professor of physics from UCLA, $10,000 USD after successfully recreating a Blackbird-inspired land vehicle by Rick Cavallaro. This wind-powered vehicle claims to outrun the wind itself, so this was quite the task for Muller, but in the end, his vehicle was able to outrun the wind due to its propeller fan, driven by the moving wheels, was actually running in an opposite direction than the wind was pushing it. Read more for two videos and additional information.
This mean that the propeller fan on Muller’s vehicle could apply extra power, which it was drawing from the wheels, to the wind and in turn, produce extra thrust, thus leading to a speed higher than the wind while still being accelerated. Due to the fan’s location being so higher than the wheels, it manages to achieve enough extra power to spin the fan in the opposite direction than the wind forces, resulting in extra thrust.
- High Speed Remote Control Boats: AlphaRev R208 Remote Controlled Boat races across the water up to 20 MPH, 4-channel 2.4GHZ remote control with a 400 Ft signal range
- Safe Protection And Easy Operation: Water sensor switch ensures your safety. Low battery reminder and out of rang warning make both adults and kids play without worry
- Saltwater RC Boats: The Non-Capsize Hull System can flip the R208 quickly from wave. Racing R208 in the sea like a real jet boat!
- LED Lights and Autopilot Mode: Led lights allow you identify the position and direction of the boat in the Pools and Lakes at night.Press the autopilot mode button, the hull will automatically move back and forth in the "8" shape, bring more fun to children
- Perfect Gift For Kids And Adults: AlphaRev RC Speedboat has LIFETIME WARRANTY and NOT SATISFACTION REFUND, please feel free to get in touch with [email protected] , we provide 24-hours professional after-sell service