ZTE demonstrated its under-display 3D face scanner at Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2021 today, and this technology means that users will be able to unlock their devices without requiring a notch or hole-punch cutout area. Eventually, this technology can be used for augmented reality, mobile payment authentication, 3D modeling, and more. There’s no word yet on what devices may use this face scanner, but the company is releasing their Axon 30 Pro handset soon. Read more for a video and additional information.
The company also showcased their second-generation under-display selfie camera and showed that it handles brilliantly in low-light situations. Plus, they have managed to reduce the haze effect seen in the area above the camera, which plagued the first-generation technology, with increased pixel density.
- S PEN & SAMSUNG NOTES: Pen precision meets PC power with S Pen & Samsung Notes.
- INTELLIGENT BATTERY & SUPER FAST CHARGE: All-day intelligent battery learns how to optimize battery life, while super fast charging boosts your battery in minutes¹.
- DISPLAY & GAMING: Breathtaking screen refresh rate, adaptive Dynamic AMOLED 2X display, Galaxy 5G support & advanced processor, allows for a smooth gaming experience.Bluetooth:5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- HYPERFAST PROCESSOR: Samsung’s fastest Note processor transforms your gaming and binging with less interruption.
- POINT-TO-SHARE: Share information directly with other compatible Samsung devices.
The second-generation, mass-produced under screen camera technology showcased at this Shanghai exhibition, the display pixels have been increased from the first-generation (200 ppi to 400 ppi pixel density), and the display effect of the under-screen camera area and the main display area is more consistent,” said the company.