ZTE demonstrated its under-display 3D face scanner at Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2021 today, and this technology means that users will be able to unlock their devices without requiring a notch or hole-punch cutout area. Eventually, this technology can be used for augmented reality, mobile payment authentication, 3D modeling, and more. There’s no word yet on what devices may use this face scanner, but the company is releasing their Axon 30 Pro handset soon. Read more for a video and additional information.
The company also showcased their second-generation under-display selfie camera and showed that it handles brilliantly in low-light situations. Plus, they have managed to reduce the haze effect seen in the area above the camera, which plagued the first-generation technology, with increased pixel density.
- S Pen & Samsung Notes: Pen precision meets PC power with S Pen & Samsung Notes; So responsive, it feels like you're using a real pen; Jot notes, sketch ideas, then convert into Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, save and sync across all your Galaxy devices
- Intelligent Battery & Super Fast Charge: Adaptive power that meets your needs with an all-day intelligent battery that learns from how you work and play to optimize battery life; Plus, Super Fast Charging boosts your battery in just minutes
- Display & Gaming: The best Galaxy mobile gaming and display experience yet; With a breathtaking screen refresh rate, adaptive Dynamic AMOLED 2X display, Galaxy 5G support & advanced processor, you get a smooth gaming experience with virtually no lag
- HyperFast Processor: Multitask with Samsung’s fastest Note processor yet; Hyperfast process speeds transform your gaming and binging with less interruption; Catch every idea, knockout work, score big and share all your moments without slowing down
- Point to share: With point to share technology, you can share information directly with other compatible Samsung devices; Simply select the pictures, videos or documents you want to share, then point your Note20 at your friend's device and tap Share
The second-generation, mass-produced under screen camera technology showcased at this Shanghai exhibition, the display pixels have been increased from the first-generation (200 ppi to 400 ppi pixel density), and the display effect of the under-screen camera area and the main display area is more consistent,” said the company.