An 11-year-old boy may have been playing too much Grand Theft Auto when he decided to steal a school bus and lead Louisiana police on a wild chase. Authorities received a call about the incident at 10:45 a.m. on Sunday, which prompted multiple police units to follow the bus as the child allegedly taunted and flipped officers off as well as striking three other vehicles for nearly 45-minutes. Read more for two videos and additional information.
The pursuit finally came to an end at 11:30 a.m. when the boy crashed into a tree and struck a gas line near 1700 Greenwell Springs Road, approximately 13 miles away from where the vehicle was stolen. The boy was booked into the Baton Rouge Juvenile Detention Center and charged with theft of a motor vehicle, aggravated flight, three counts of aggravated damage to property, and aggravated assault.
- Kids will love competing with friends to perform the ultimate leap through flames with this amazing LEGO Technic toy building set that includes a pull-back motorbike, a truck, a trailer and ring of fire for stunt-action fun!
- The trailer cleverly transforms into a stunt show ramp to propel the toy stunt motorbike towards the ring of fire so kids can perfect their jaw-dropping stunts!
- Kids will love building all the elements of this super-fun toy set, recreating the thrills of a daring motorcycle show, then rebuilding the model into a Stadium Truck set!
- This 2-in-1 LEGO Technic stunt motorbike toy sparks imagination, offers endless build-and-play fun, and is an action-filled holiday, birthday or anyday gift for kids ages 8+ who like building challenges, trucks and pull-back car toys
- With the ring of fire width over 7” (18cm) and height at 11” (28cm), this is an impressive set that's the ideal size for role-play
I could hear the sirens but I just didn’t really know what was going on. As he got closer and closer and closer [I thought] it’s a little boy in there, and he was laughing. He was giggling, and I’m like I can’t believe it’s a little boy,” said witness Joy Gradney who used her cell phone to capture the chase.