Toyota’s second-generation MR2 has been nicknamed “poor man’s Ferrari” by some since the vehicle did had several design cues borrowed from the Italian automaker, but most considered this a compliment. The factory MR2 GT-S came equipped with a turbocharged 2.0L 3S-GTE engine generating 218hp, paired with a 5-speed manual transmission, but even with heavy modifications, it could only go so far. This is why Josh decided to swap in a Honda K20 engine and slap on a turbocharger set at 50psi of boot, generating an insane 1,200hp. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Unfortunately, this MR2 was designed purely for drag racing rather than circuits. With that said, it managed to set a best 1/4 mile time of 8.785-seconds at 180.60mph, while hitting 60 mph took just 2.56-seconds. The closest Toyota came to this 1,200hp beast was their TRD2000GT back in 1998, which added a TRD2000GT body kit and additional engine / suspension / wheel / interior upgrades, with one particular customer’s vehicle producing a respectable 500hp.
- Offically licensed and authentic movie decoration with themed packaging
- Feature-rich details, like opening doors, hood, and trunk
- Detailed interior, engine compartments and chassis
- Quality heavy diecast metal body with highly detailed wheels and chrome accents
- Bring the movie to life at home with these authentic movie vehicles