H/t: Car Scoops
Buick’s Blackhawk is a retro-styled 2+2 convertible concept that was revealed in 2001, with its most prominent feature being the grille, which was inspired by the 1940 Buick Y-Job. The main body is based on the 1948 Buick Roadmaster, complete with a retractable hardtop, shaved door headlights and hidden headlights. Does it look familiar? If so, that’s because the vehicle was featured in “Bad Boys II” and was driven by actor Will Smith after the mortuary scene. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Power comes from a 1970 455-in³ (7.5-L) Buick GS Stage III V8 engine generating 463 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque, mated to a four-speed automatic transmission, enabling it to accelerate from 0–60 mph in less than 5-seconds. It most recently sold for $522,500 USD at a Barrett-Jackson auction back in 2009, but now, Mecum Auctions is looking to find a new owner for this stunning concept. More information here.
- Build and display the Devastator, a LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series; a giant of a model from Star Wars: A New Hope that collectors will love to own!
- The Imperial Star Destroyer model includes a display stand, informational fact plaque and 2 Imperial minifigures with weapons for a truly authentic galactic civil war collector's item
- This incredible set also includes a buildable scale model of the Tantive IV that fans will instantly recognize from the opening scenes of the very first Star Wars movie!
- The amazing LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series Imperial Star Destroyer model is a challenging building experience and a great holiday and birthday gift for serious LEGO brick and Star Wars fans ages 16+
- This 4,784-piece collectible on its display stand measures over 17” (44cm) high, 43” (109cm) long and 26” (66cm) wide; in other words, it's HUGE!
To celebrate Buick’s 100th Anniversary in 2003, Buick Special Vehicles Manager Michael E. Doble conjured up the idea of a special centennial car. Working with former Buick designer Steven Pasteiner at Advanced Automotive Technologies in Rochester Hills, Michigan, Doble’s team developed the Blackhawk concept car,” said Mecum Auctions.