Photo credit: Jon Prosser
Technology leaker Jon Prosser revealed that the redesigned 2021 Apple iMacs will come in Silver, Space Gray, Green, Sky Blue, and Rose Gold. Since the public has not yet gotten a glimpse at the new design, he partnered with Concept Creator for these renders that show how the colors might look on the new chassis. They should feature slimmer bezels and possibly the all-new M1X chip. The latter is Apple’s second ARM-based processor built for Mac, which is essentially a speedier version of the same basic processor with more processor cores and more graphics cores. Read more for a video and additional information.
So far, there have been a few leaked benchmarks of the Apple M1X and it offers a large improvement over the M1 Chip found in the November 2020 updates to the MacBook Air, entry-level MacBook Pro and the Mac Mini. The M1X is expected to ship in the second quarter of 2021, which means that the new iMac could either be unveiled next month at a press event or at WWDC in June.
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning