Transporting an abandoned plane is no easy task, even on an empty highway, but imagine a footbridge directly in your path. That’s exactly what this Air India aircraft encountered after being sold and transported near Indira Gandhi International Airport on the Delhi-Gurugram highway. Unfortunately, this was not an empty highway either, as it blocked traffic for quite a while and caused a lot of rubber necking from the other side. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Just for the record, most airlines decide to scrap aircraft after around 18-years of service, and there’s a large industry who acquire their scraps. Some parts are more valuable than others, with most of the value being in the engines, but there is an active market for all sorts of used parts and spares since airlines routinely replace a broken part with a used one, rather than repair it.
- This is the ultimate ECTO-1 building kit for fans of LEGO bricks and Ghostbusters looking to build their next model car or simply relax with an immersive hands-on hobby project
- This is no Ghostbusters toy; It’s a car kit for adults with working steering, trapdoor with ghost trap, an extending gunner seat, plus a moving ghost sniffer and other paranormal detection equipment
- With pieces like a curved windshield, modular steering wheel and brick with Ghostbusters deco, this authentically detailed set will look great in your home or office
- Ideal for Ghostbusters fans and LEGO lovers alike, this ECTO-1 model car gives hours of enjoyment and a building experience that will appeal to adults
- Measuring over 8” (22.5cm) high, 18” (47cm) long and 6” (16.5cm) wide, ECTO-1 is packed with authentic details that you'll be proud to display
This is a [deregistered] scrapped aircraft of Air India which has been sold off. This was transported last night by the party [new owners]. Air India has got no connection whatsoever with the aircraft under any circumstances,” said a representative for Air India.