Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
Apple officials have made trips to South Korea for business talks with partners in the semiconductor and display sectors reportedly for their electric car project. Most specifically, meetings with LG, SK and Hanwha, but the talks are still in the early stages. Akira Yoshino, lithium-ion battery expert, speculates that Apple will at the very least share some information regarding its EV technology later this year. Read more for a video and additional information.
Nobel Prize winner Yoshino states that Apple could lead the convergence of the automotive and information technology industries in future mobility. The technology and possibly a concept vehicle may be officially unveiled as soon as 2022, but full on production is at least 4-6 years away, or 2025 when consumers will be able to purchase them from the company.
- High Performance:The H20Mini is equipped with a 900W super motor that can easily climb up to 25% inclines with a top speed of 24 mph and a range of 18 miles. Skateboarders will enjoy a more powerful and smoother experience.
- Upgraded battery: 7500 mAh battery with a maximum range of 18 miles, equipped with a high-current charger that takes only 3-4 hours to fully charge.
- Upgraded appearance: Made of 7-ply maple wood, this scooter is sturdy and resistant to 286 lbs. High-quality PU wheels (88mm) provide excellent ground grip, and the fish-shaped exterior design makes for a smooth glide.
- UL certification: H20mini has passed UL safety testing and comes with a 90-day warranty, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Also, if you have any damaged parts on your skateboard, please contact the seller for assistance. Amazon online customers will not provide you with replacement parts, our customer service is online 24 hours a day.
- Wireless remote control: equipped with a wireless remote control with LCD display, you can detect the power of the skateboard in real time, change the riding speed and adjust the direction of the skateboard. The longest operating distance is up to 20 meters.
Tesla has their own independent strategy. The one to look out for is Apple. What will they do? I think they may announce something soon. And what kind of car would they announce? What kind of battery? They probably want to get in around 2025. If they do that, I think they have to announce something by the end of this year. That’s just my own personal hypothesis,” said Akira Yoshino, a co-winner of the 2019 Nobel Prize in chemistry for his work on lithium-ion batteries, to Reuters.