Photo credit: The Sun | AFP – Getty
Second Lieutenant Hubert Rochereau, who fought in a Dragoons cavalry regiment in World War I, perished in the village of Loker, Flanders, on April 26, 1918. His parents were so heartbroken that they blocked the entrance to his room so it would remain a pristine shrine to his memory. It was opened by the home’s new owners, who may one day turn it into a museum. Read more for a video tour and additional information.
The room still has a pistol, pipe and knives on Mr Rochereau’s window-facing desk alongside pictures of his family, while his military hat lays on the bed next to shelves of books discolored by the sun and military boots. The Second Lieutenant’s military jacket still hangs peacefully in the corner, with some parts devoured by moths. Hubert Rochereau, born in 1896, was given the croix de guerre after his death – a medal for courage in battle.
- Additional Army Equipment - This set includes pilot tanks, helicopters, jets, boats, place walls, fortifications and barbed wire
- Multiple Military Armies - Wage free-for-all war on a 2.5 foot playmat with 4 uniquely colored armies. Forge and break alliances between the green, khaki, silver and maroon armies
- Large Battle Playmat - Large 30 in x 25 in playmat features cool terrain and strategic fortifications, runways and a helipad
- Storage Drum - This hardy storage drum includes the trooper tactic insert that teaches your child about tanks, jets, hedgehogs and foxholes
- Everything Included - The tiny troopers playset includes 260 army men, vehicles, provisions, playmat and more packed into a hardy storage drum. Take it with you and wage war anywhere