Photo credit: Simon Byrne
Bitcoin entrepreneur Simon Byrne has made a fortune off the cryptocurrency, but in addition to his latest rig, consisting of 78 NVIDIA RTX 3080 graphics cards, he added a BMW i8 to his money making collection. How so? He installed a more compact mining rig into the rear trunk of the hybrid supercar, thus enabling him to earn even while out and about, although considerably less than the $128,088 per year his main setup makes. Read more for a picture and additional information.
Due to the graphics card shortage, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards will cost you at least $1000 brand new, which means this BMW i8 mining rig is worth at least $6,000, even without the cost of the other hardware components. Let’s just hope that Simon has several backup batteries in place, or else he may end up stranded in the middle of nowhere should he embark on a long road trip.
- System: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6GHz (3.9GHz Max Turbo); 8GB DDR4 RAM; 240GB SSD; Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 550 2GB Dedicated Graphics Card; Display connectors - Dual link DVI-D, HDMI
- Connectivity: 4 x USB 3.0; 2 x USB 2.0; 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000; Audio: 7.1 Channel
- Special Add-Ons: Tempered glass RGB gaming case 802.11AC Wi-Fi included 16 color RGB lighting case free iBuyPower Gaming keyboard & RGB gaming mouse no bloatware
- Warranty: 1 year parts & labor + free lifetime US tech support; Assembled in the U.S.A