Photo credit: Hycade
This fan-made BMW M1 concept by Hycade could become a reality if the automaker decides to release an all-electric supercar. For those unfamiliar with the production BMW M1, it was produced between 1978-1981 after Lamborghini entered into an agreement with BMW to build a production racing car in sufficient quantity for homologation.
Hycade’s design features 8-Series-inspired kidney grilles, sleek LED headlights, large air intakes and an aerodynamic hood. The original BMW M1 was the first car to be solely developed by the BMW M division, powered by a 3.5L M88/1 petrol six-cylinder engine generating 273 hp and 243 lb-ft of torque, mated to a 5-speed manual transmission manufactured by ZF Friedrichshafen. A total of 453-units were hands-built during its production run, with a fiber glass body designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro. One fan didn’t have to wait for this concept to go into production, as they managed to pick up this ultra rare 1980 BMW M1 AHG owned by Paul Walker.
- Safety Priority : UL 2272 certification ensures Ninebot S meets high standards for fire and electrical safety. The Smart Battery Management System provides reliable battery performance. IP54 waterproof protection ensures operation in various weathers.
- Sturdy & Powerful : Ninebot S is compact, weighting just 28 lbs with a max load of 220 lbs. Thanks to the dual 400W motors, it can easily reach a max speed of 10 mph. A single fully charged battery can run up to 13. 7 miles, climbing a max slope of 15°
- Road Adaptive Design : 10. 5" pneumatic tires provide a comfortable and smoother ride on bumpy roads. Knee control bar allows for precise steering and easy lifting. Applicable Age 16 – 50 years. Applicable Height - 3. 11 – 6. 6 Inch. Operating temperature-14-104°F(-10-40°C)
- Intelligent App Management : Download the Segway app for anti-theft function, speed limit and adjustment, vehicle self-diagnose, firmware upgrade, Ambient Light, vehicle remote control and more.
- Quality Assurance: The Ninebot S is sturdy and durable. One-year or 180-day for different parts, please refer to information in product details below, contact us at [email protected] if you have any problems.
Ten years ago I was expecting BMW would show us the new M1 production car. That’s how I imagined it,” said Hycade.