In factory form, the BMW R 18 cruiser motorcycle comes with a double-loop tubular steel frame, exposed propshaft and spoked wheels. Dirk Oehlerking of Kingston Custom turned this sleek bike into the “Spirit of Passion,” an Art Deco masterpiece. Power comes from a newly developed air / oil-cooled 1,802cc two-cylinder boxer engine generating 91 hp and 116 lb-ft of torque, plenty for cruising down the streets. Aesthetically, the frame has been kept fully intact, but the Kingston fairing is what makes it stand out. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Kingston fully customized the bodywork, including the handlebars and mudguard, while the exhaust has been modified by Oehlerking in Kingston Roadster style. Kellermann indicators replace the turn signals and the fairing now has an integrated LED front headlight. The paintwork is also original, whereas the lines have been adopted for the fairing and wing, with the addition of some details in Kingston style.
- A representation of the famous Ducati Panigale V4 R to build, explore and display; LEGO Technic fans and motorcycle enthusiasts will love this stunning building challenge
- Build your own Ducati Panigale V4 R to gain a unique insight into the features and functions that make up this iconic motorcycle; Also includes a 2-speed gear-box – a first for LEGO Technic motorcycles
- Recreate the thrill of owning a Ducati Panigale V4 R, with front and rear suspension for realistic model movement; The classic red color scheme brings the motorcycle to life, with true Italian flair
- This is a be great gift choice and a super challenge for LEGO Technic fans aged 10+ who will get a thrill from seeing how a motorcycle works
- This eye-catching model (42107) looks stunning on display; Its dimensions have been designed to give a true representation of the real-life model, Measures over 12” (32cm) long, 6” (16cm) high and 3” (8cm) wide
“The BMW R 18 is so perfect that I left the technology as it is. The frame is 100 % original and so sophisticated that nothing should be changed here. This project is probably the most impressive of my entire career. It means a lot to me – if not everything at this moment. The trust that BMW Motorrad has placed in me once again is hugely important to me. I’m very grateful for that,” said Dirk Oehlerking.