China’s Raffles City Chongqing, designed by Moshe Safdie, is a massive $4.8-billion project that includes a horizontal skyscraper. It’s nearing completion and the skybridge with a park as well as a glass-bottomed observation deck, has opened to the public. The entire project consists of eight skyscrapers and half of them are used to support the horizontal skyscraper, which is called Crystal. Read more for a video and additional information.
The fully enclosed Crystal skyway will set the record for being the tallest in the world linking the highest number of towers. The exterior boasts 3,000 glass panels and nearly 5,000 aluminum panels. It was constructed in nine separate parts and four were constructed atop of the towers, while the three middle parts were prefabricated from the ground before installation. Within the Crystal, there are two swimming pools, restaurants, a gallery, gardens, and a viewing deck.
- Build a LEGO interpretation of the Shanghai Skyline featuring iconic Shanghai attractions!
- This Shanghai city LEGO skyline model includes the Chenghuang Miao Temple, Longhua Temple and Pagoda, Radisson Blu Hotel, Bund area, Oriental Pearl, World Financial Center and the Shanghai Tower
- Measures over 9-inch (25cm) high, 11-inch (28cm) wide and 2-inch (7cm) deep
- 597 pieces – Shanghai model for boys and girls over 12 years old
- LEGO Architecture building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building